Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ohhh Girl!

"Girl you're getting skinnier by the minute!" was hooted at me as I walked past a parent this morning at 7:32 a.m. It was the highlight of my day. I'm not quite sure if she can really see the difference that 3.8 lbs have made in the past week and a half or so, but hell, I'll take it! Thank you very much!

My day plummeted to it's death as the skinnier minutes ticked on. Just about everything that could've possibly gone wrong happened today. However- instead of sharing all of the intricacies that made my day hellish, I'm going to skip on to the crazy thing that occurred...

You see, I'm a stress eater. Ok, let's be honest, I'm an everything eater. I eat when I'm angry, when I'm stressed, when I'm happy, when it's Monday, when it's 3pm, when it's sunny, when it's snowing... you name it, I can find a reason to justify eating. Except for today- I was actually too busy and sidetracked to eat. I was in a fog when I ventured down to the dining hall, and seriously FORGOT to get my yogurt. I think it's b/c I'm a creature of habit, and when I picked up the jello, my mind thought it was the yogurt container... and I stood there for a bit, trying to figure out what I could be missing... and it wasn't until I was sitting outside on these lovely yellow chairs (yes, outside, bundled in my jacket b/c while it was sunny, it certainly wasn't warm!) that I realized I'd left the healthiest part of my lunch unpurchased... but the thought of going through those boys again made me quake, so instead I hoped I'd make it til the end of the day with less calories in my belly.

So I ate my pizza, and my jello, and my 100 cal pack of cheeze-its and that was it. And then the afternoon torpedoed by and I didn't have a chance to have my snack! So I got home and calculated my foods for the day, and holy hell! I had over 800 calories left! What to do! What to do?

DRINK! Oh man... there was a time when I drank every day after school. That was when I knew it was time to move on to a new job and invest all that beer money into something else... like a dog. But here I was, with the worst day ever, and all I could think about was drinking. In fact, I had started fantasizing about which drinks I would order (cucumber margaritas) at about 12:45 this afternoon. I saw myself on the bar stool and my favorite dive, ordering a taco (just one, mind you, so I could drink even more) and my drink, sans salt, and then stumbling home, happy, forgetful, and ready to sleep.

But then a situation occurred after school, leaving me with a parent phone call to make... that call turned into another call that was going to happen sometime before 9:30 p.m. And she was going to call me. And there went any control I had over the evening... and I could see my bar stool growing cold... and my drink being guzzled by some other neighborhood hipster... and I wanted to cry.

But instead I made myself some vegetables (just under 200 calories) and while that was heating up in that magic box of a microwave, I had some jello. And then had the veggies (which were quite tasty, if I do say so myself), and then waited some more for the phone to ring- trying to cling to some small hope that she'd call early and I could escape to the bar. And the minutes ticked by... and finally I gave up. And boy, howdy, did I give up!

Popcorn!!!! mmmmm... I love popcorn. I pop it in the air popper. "Oh C, you are so smart and so healthy to prepare it that way" you must be gushing. Not so much... I put 3 tbs of butter on it, a handful of salt, and 2 tbs of shredded parmesan. Oh yes I did. I can just see my Momma gasping in horror as she reads this.

And I ate every bite. Every last popped kernal. I scraped the bowl with my fingers to grab each shred of cheese... and maaaaannnn, it was good.

And then, just as I was really about to give up all hope, the phone rang! The parent and I spoke for less than 5 minutes, and when I hung up the phone, I nearly shouted with joy!!! DRINKING TIME!!!!

I turned to my trusty new computer, and let myfooddiary do some computing... even with the popcorn laden with butter and cheese, I had just barely exceeded the smallest number of calories I could eat in a day. Which meant I could definitely have a drink. Or I could not, and maybe have another parent comment on my magical shrinking trick... So I forgo the drink for another night.

And in celebration, I had some jello. And then I had some more jello.

Maintain Weight
715
Lose 1 lbs. per week
215
Lose 1.6 lbs. per week (maximum safe)
over
by 76


If every day were like today ...
You would lose 1.4 lbs per week.
You would reach your goal weight of 135 lbs on 7/13/2010.
In one month, you would weigh 164.3 lbs.
In three months, you would weigh 152 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment