Monday, March 7, 2011

Day two- success squared!

So Day Two of the rebirth of good eating...

Hit my calories needed to lose 1.1 lb a week (went over by 51 calories the lose 1.6 lbs a week mark).  Not bad...  esp since I went over with a Skinny Cow Fudge Bar (and loved every minute of it).

Went to the grocery in search of non-moldy cream cheese for the d-o-g and ended up grabbing some fresh fruit.  Was super excited about the grapes- pulled out my oh-so-smart-phone and used the mobile myfooddiary app and found out that grapes are only like 61 calories for a cup!  And boy do I love repetitive eating!  Hand to mouth, hand to cup, hand to mouth, hand to cup...  grapes are perfect for that!  However my days of trying to eat local made me gasp that the grapes were coming all the way from Chile... should've listened to the eco-friendly side of my brain, b/c man those grapes sucked hard.  I gave one to the d-o-g and watched him try to eat it... that made up for their suckiness.  Also bought an apple and a pear- and thought of my dad the whole time.  Last time he read my blog he commented that I should try eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, rather than all the crap I was eating (read: jello).  Too bad he's in Africa on a safari, or else he might appreciate it.

In my attempt to get my exercise in today, I took the d-o-g out on a serious book-it walk: 1.3 miles, 23 minutes.  Not bad- and it counted!  Makes me happy to get the smiley faces on my daily report...  all about that positive reinforcement, you know.

1 comment:

  1. What makes you like myfooddiary over myfitnesspal? I've been contemplating a return to calorie counting as well.

    ReplyDelete